New at UtahGeology.com
- Added too many things to list here… Dont think I’ll be updating this page again… :)
- Put the site into a content management system, and started adding content for the first time in years! :)
- Converted the whole site into a tableless CSS based design, to make future layout changes easier.
- Went through much of the site and made it XHTML 1.0 Standards compliant.
- Fixed the “google mapoverlay” so it works in i.e. browsers (although it is still very slow and needs to work AJAX style).
- Fixed the aerial photo selection map links (still need to change to link to image gallery) and the mouse-over text on all selection maps.
- Updated the home page and overview pages to reflect our expansion to the whole state.
- Created a copyright info page to explain more about source data and copyright rules for the site and pictures in the image gallery.
- Strat Columns for most of the state of Utah added to the database. Php script made to pull the data out of the database and dynamically create strat columns.
- Formations selection page recreated. Now shows entire state of Utah. A key was also added and expanded for easy selection of formations.
- New, more in depth formation descriptions where written for the Kiabab, Moenkopi, Chinle, Moenave, Navajo, Temple Cap, and Carmel Formations.
- New formation descriptions pages were created for the Curtis/Summerville, Mancos/Tropic, Mesa Verde, Kaiparowits, and Claron Formations.
- Added Flash and menu header to the formation gallery so it looks more like the rest of the site.
- Added this “what’s new” section to the site and put a link on the side bar and index page.
- Converted the formation descriptions to php so I could integrate them with the formation picture database.
- Added Southern Colorado Plateau section in Road Guides, doubling the number of highways covered (put them in menu but not on selection map yet).
- Created hazard presentations for major hazards. Put links to them on hazard selection map. Created a auto-rotating script so they will automatically cycle every 3 seconds.
- Added road guides to the Northern Colorado Plateau and created a googlemap in order to access them on the selection page.
- Started static html version of UtahGeology.com
- Finally getting the “enlarged map overlay” working like I wanted. Making it into a zoomable, browsable googlemap with multiple layers, and putting marker/link info from each section into mysql data base so a php script can pull them at a click.
- Create a GIS section and make my ArcGIS style files for the official “National Geologic Map Database” geologic age coloration schemes.
- Contacting sources for more aerial photos (ongoing project).
- Replacing Road Guide overview map with a static fast-loading image.
- Adding color pictures to Road Guides.
- Replacing Hazards overview map with one for entire state–also image mapped.
- Writing a general “Geologic History of Utah”.